April 25, 2005

buying children is still i#23F8

kids wheat paste
Originally uploaded by nevser.

This is from a series I did about tagging. I spread about 2000 of these personalized "tags" throughout Reno. Each had an individual message on it; in this case it said "buying children is still not legal". The image in the background is a wheat paste I did on the back of a funky gallery. The same day, while the gallery was hanging a painting I made, I told them that someone had done something to their wall. They marched outside, had a look and couldn't decide if it was graffiti or a decotage (the g is silent)? From then on, whenever I was hassled for wheat pasting I would explain how I was decotaging and the person would walk away thinking they had learned something about art.

No comments:

Post a Comment